Skip to main content

Thank you for visiting the Continuing Education FAQ page

Below you will find a list of our most popular questions. If you are having a difficult time finding an answer, please visit our Contact Page to reach a member of our team.


How do I register for a Continuing Education class?

To register, click on Browse in the top left corner of this page to view our class offerings and register online.  You may also call Continuing Education at 970-378-3597 to register over the phone or come into our office to register in person at:

5401 West 20th St. 
Cornerstone 105
Greeley CO, 80634
Greeley Campus

Payment FAQ

Can I use financial aid to pay for my classes?

Financial aid is used solely for credit courses.  Since Continuing Education is a non-credit program, financial aid will not be accepted.

What type of credit cards do you accept?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.

Can I pay with something other than a credit card?

Yes, you can pay with cash, check, or voucher (third party), but you need to visit our location to register and pay. We are open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.

How do I register if my company/or other third party wants to pay for my class?

Registrations are conducted differently for third-party payments. Please contact Continuing Education at 970-378-3597 to be advised on how to handle your third-party payment and registration.

I am a company that paid for an employee. Can I get information about the participation of my employee?

Unfortunately, FERPA does not allow colleges to release information about a student's status, course, transactions, or work attendance without permission from the student regardless of age. Continuing Education recommends that you require the employee to request a letter of completion signed by Continuing Education as proof of participation.  

What is your refund policy?

To receive a full refund, you must notify Continuing Education by calling 970-378-3597 or emailing, five business days before the start of the course. 
Any drop requests received less than five business days in advance will incur a 50% Service Fee (50% of Course Fee), and Materials Fees will not be refunded.
There will be no refunds or vouchers issued for no-shows or requests received by Continuing Education after the start of class.
Refunds will be going back to the credit card used for the transaction.  Please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to be processed.
If you paid with cash or check, please allow 7-14 days for Aims to process a check that will be mailed to the address you provided at registration.

 What is the cutoff date to register for classes?

We encourage you to register sooner than later. Delays in registration and accessing materials and supplies may be affected if you do not register promptly.
You can register up until one business day before class.
To register after the class has started, please contact Continuing Education to ensure that we have adequate space in the classroom as well as available supplies.

Class changes and cancellations

Aims Community College makes every effort to maintain the schedule of classes as announced in our catalog.  However, we reserve the right to change or cancel a class when necessary.  If this happens, the Continuing Education staff will contact all registered students.  If the class can be rescheduled, we will offer that option to the student.  Otherwise, all students will be issued a refund. 

Inclement weather

In the case of inclement weather and class cancelation, Continuing Education will notify students by 6:30 am for day classes and 3 pm for night classes.  Please watch your email as this is the quickest way to contact students.

General FAQs

Where can I get directions to my class location?

Directions are listed in the class details when we register for the class.  If you still have questions about location, please contact Continuing Education. 
Do you offer online classes?
Yes, we offer an array of online courses through our partners at Ed2go.  To view their classes visit them at

Do I have to be a student at Aims Community College to take Continuing Education courses?

No, you do not. Aims Continuing Education does not require you to apply for admissions to take Continuing Education courses.

If I take Continuing Education courses, am I considered an Aims student?

No, you are not. Since Continuing Education does not require you to apply to the college, you are not paying student fees and cannot acquire federal financial aid subsidies as a method of payment.

Do I receive credit towards a degree when taking Continuing Education courses?

No, you have to be admitted to Aims Community College and take a state-approved credit course. Credit courses have required contact hours and seat time as well as testing. Continuing Education courses are not designed to be delivered in the same way as credit courses. 

Will Continuing Education courses transfer to other colleges or degree programs?

Continuing Education courses are not credit based and therefore are not attached to a degree program. This means that transferring credits is not applicable.

How can I drop a class?

You must contact Continuing Education ( 5 business days before the start of class. There are drop notification requirements. Please review our refund policy to ensure a maximum refund.

I forgot my password and login information. What do I do?

Please contact Continuing Education.  We would be happy to reset that for you.

How can I contact an instructor to discuss class material?

If you need information regarding the course or the material, please contact Continuing Education. Per Continuing Education policy, we do not give out instructor information.

Do you have discounts for seniors?

At this time, we do not have discounts for seniors.

Do you have disability access?

Yes, Aims Community College has a disability access center located on the Main Campus in the College Center. The Main Campus is located in Greeley, CO, off 20th St and 47th Ave. You are required to contact the disability center regarding disability access needs and work through their office to ensure that you will be able to be accommodated. You must notify the disability access office in advance of the day of the course.
If you are interested in learning how the disability access office can assist you and how policy is applied, please contact the disability at

I don't have a high school diploma or GED. Can I take Continuing Education courses?

A diploma or GED is not required to participate in most Continuing Education courses, but please check the class details for those requirements.

Don’t know where to find us? View our Campus Maps below.