Commercial Learners Permit Training &
Class A License Training
Class Length: 150 Hours
Course Cost: $4125.00
Certification Issued: Upon completion of the course
Commercial Driver License Course
150 hour Class A program for those who do not hold a Commercial Learner Permit (CLP). Class A programs include FMCSA training on rules, which drivers will need to comply with federal regulations for Record of Duty Status (Log Book). FMCSA Level One inspection guidelines training which drivers encounter once they enter the Transportation Industry.
Daily classes are 8 hours in length with 6 hours being in the field and 2 hours in the classroom. Graduates receive a Class A CDL the State DMV. Successful completion of the program qualifies graduates to work in an entry-level driver position.
Class A Training Overview
- Review of the CDL Manual issued by the Colorado Department of Vehicles.
- Sections covered are
- Subsections 2.1-2.23
- Subsection 3.0
- Subsection 5.1-5.4
- Subsections 6.1-6.4
- General Review for all section prior to CLP test
- Comprehensive field training for Pre-Trip, Basic Skills, and Road Tests
- Introduction: Review of License Qualification and Restriction. Course schedule with starting times, expectations, etc.
- Vehicle Inspection: Complete review of items with safety aspects and criteria which the student is expected to know.
- Hook & Unhook: The Student learns the safety procedures for the coupling and uncoupling of trailers to semi-tractors
- Basic Skills: The student is instructed on the basic skills needed to successfully drive within confined areas, proper techniques for an alley-dock and parallel park
- Transporting Cargo: The proper proceeds to safely secure a load on a flatbed trailer will special attention to profession stowing of chains, boomers, tie-down straps, etc.
- Continuation of week one on all aspects of the safe operation of a CMV
- Log Books: All aspects of rules under FMCSR 395
- Defensive Driving Class
- What drivers must know for Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Reasonable Suspicion testing for Supervisors
- Roadside Inspections and how to successfully pass them
- CMV Entry-Level Driver